Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thoughts on being deported

For me and all the other cancer patients others who have had a chemo port implanted in their bodies, deportation is indeed a good thing.

And today was my day to be deported (get it? de-ported?).

Bad joke. But it's my blog and I can write what I want.

When the minor surgery was over and they brought me back to the room I scarfed down a huge breakfast. That's the reward for the fasting that's required.

Ralph ate his breakfast while he was waiting for me. Hope he enjoyed the morning television shows he had to endure while sitting there. ;-)

The procedure was a breeze. I was moderately sedated, they said. I remember nothing. I think the stuff they gave me made me have some crazy dreams this afternoon, but that's about it.

While I was taking a nap the Vera Bradley bag I ordered using money I received for my birthday arrived! That made me happy. It was half price! Even better.


I should take a photo of it but I don't feel like it at the moment. Being lazy, I guess.

This evening daughter Allegra is driving me to the support group. We only are going to meet once a month now, as opposed to every two weeks, so I'm looking forward to seeing the ladies there again. And of course I want to tell them that I was deported.

~

I was about to publish but then didn't want to post sans photo, so I looked up Power Port and found a photo. I'm pretty sure this is what was in there. I never actually saw it.

{Thanks for reading my online cancer journal.}



6 comments:

Barb said...

Woohoo! Hooray for being deported!

I've never owned a VB bag. Or a VB anything for that matter. My sister Lynda has a bunch of it. I'm too cheap to spend that much for a fabric bag. I'd rather go on a cruise with a cheap tote bag. Which I totally did a few times. :)

Enjoy your support group friends!

Wendy said...

I'm so happy you've been de-ported. I am looking forward to getting my Thirty-One bag! (I think I get it on Monday).

Carol Kirby said...

I never thought I'd wish anyone congratulations on their deportment but that's exactly what I'm doing to you.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us, it was both very brave of you and very enlightening for me.

I'm thinking that getting your VB bag on this momentous day is a very good sign of more wonderful things to come.

Best wishes !

Linda said...

Sounds like a bag to celebrate being deported was in order and I think it's fantastic that you were able to treat yourself to something special.

Let's hope that your cancer journey doth endeth soon, huh?

Carletta said...

Way to go Patti!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

congratulations! good job, as always!

smiles, bee
xoxooxoxox