Monday, November 14, 2011

Bizzy days

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to radiation we go ...
It starts today and will continue for the next seven weeks. 

Life has been a bit busy lately...we got home at 10 p.m. yesterday from Ralph's co-worker's wedding and this morning I'm fixin' to head to my first radiation treatment.

Here's Ralph enjoying himself at the wedding. I had a tough time getting a good photo ~ I blame it on the soft lighting. This was the best one I captured.

Before we went to the wedding we visited our docent daughter working at an open house at the David Humphreys House. 

The annual open house features samples of Thanksgiving fare - turkey, cranberry sauce, cornbread, squash pie and more - prepared over an open hearth in the historic house. 
Here's a link to a post I wrote about the event three years ago! I would have guessed I had written it last year. Time sure does fly.  

Allegra surprised us yesterday when she told us she had made the tasty pumpkin soup.

My favorite is the squash pie. Our friend Christine who always makes the squash pies says she follows a pumpkin pie recipe and simply substitutes butternut squash, because it's sweeter than the pumpkin.

Yum!
That's about it from here. Off to get ready to be radiated.  

4 comments:

Barb said...

Squash Pie! What an awesome idea. I ♥ Butternut Squash!

Wishing you nothing but smooth sailing through your treatments!

Linda said...

Was it really a year ago that Jamie and I drove over to the David Humphreys House and I haven't even begun to do anything with the photos yet? Good grief ... I am SO bad with time management anymore!

Best wishes for an easy time with your radiation - hopefully the time that you're doing those will fly by too and then you can get all of these cancer treatments - and the cancer - behind you!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

all the best to you honey... allegra looks lovely too!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

bj said...

Hello, my dear radiated friend, :))

Glad you and your hunk hubby had a good time last night. I think you did ok on the photo.:)

Never heard of squash pie...I love Pumpkin but not Sweet Potato so not sure about the Squash...
hugs, bj
O, come over for a little cute giveaway.