Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Looking for that perfect cuppa joe

I need your opinion.

For you regular readers, all two of you, you may remember our electric coffee maker recently bit the dust after only seven months of use. We've been drinking instant coffee, and occasionally buying one at Dunkin' or Mickey D's or the bakery downtown.

Now the question is: do we get another automatic coffeemaker that will last less than a year, or get a manual brew, non-electric one like this:

What do you think?

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i don't think i'd get anything but an automatic, and mine is years old, a small two cup ge walmart variety, about ten bucks. that's what i'd do.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Patti said...

Bee: thanks for weighing in on this ;-)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I don't drink coffee, so my opinion would not be well informed

Linda said...

I tend to drink instant when I'm at home; it's what I grew up with and I've grown rather fond of it!

As for your choice, though, I'd go with option number two as it looks like it would make a good cuppa joe!

Leora said...

I have a French coffee press. Love it. Tastiest coffee I've ever tasted. With that and a coffee grinder, you'll find all coffee shop coffee to be not quite as flavorful.

storyteller said...

I used to use a Melita pot like the one pictured but wouldn't give up my automated Cuisinart 'grind' and brew machine for love nor money ;--)
Hugs and blessings,