Monday, July 6, 2009

Helpful cooking hint #3

Today's tip:
Do not accept a plastic bag full of mushy ingredients that make up a "starter" that is someday supposed to be baked into Amish Friendship Bread.
That is, unless you are a patient person and you have about $30 to spend on additional ingredients you will need to complete the project.
For those who never heard of this kind of bread, you keep one mixture for yourself and then divvy up the rest into three more plastic bags to give to your friends. Another problem is I don't know to whom I should give the bags of mushy stuff. It's like a chain letter using bread dough.

I hear the final product is scrumptious, but it takes 10 days of mushing, ingredient adding and more mushing before you can bake it. Patience is part of the recipe here.

If I succeed, I will post photos of the bread. If I don't, forget you ever read this.

1 comment:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my gosh, i did this for months! day one feed it, day two stir it, day three look at it, day four knead it, day five bake, start over.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo