Thursday, April 16, 2009

What I did on my spring vacation

Days 2 and 3:
  1. Went grocery shopping with my mother Tuesday. We stopped at Wendy's for chili.
  2. On Wednesday, thanks to a forwarded e-mail, I discovered Susan Boyle, the incredibly talented Scottish singer who has taken the world by storm since her appearance Saturday competing on "Britain's Got Talent." Watch her perform here. You won't be disappointed.
  3. Spent 4 1/2 hours Wednesday at the Hyundai dealership having car serviced. Forced to watch daytime TV drek in customer lounge. Left $312 poorer, but hopefully my Elantra will be good to me.

5 comments:

Joan said...

Isn't it amazing how our days seem so alike...spending time with Mom, spending time with the auto mechanic, spending time listening to an angel. Hope today is a good one for you.

Patti said...

thanks, Joan. You too!
Isn't she amazing?

Lynn said...

Shopping and lunch with your mom sounds enjoyable...even if it was just grocery shopping.

I too got an email about Susan Boyle...all I can say about her is...WOW!

As for car dealerships...not so much fun : ( Kind of a necessary evil. Hope your car will now be problem free for 100,000 miles...at least.

Linda said...

Last time I had to sit in a car dealership waiting I had the foresight to bring a book but these days, I'd probably remember to bring the book and forget my reading glasses making the book useless!

Susan Boyle truly has an amazing voice and it just proved to a lot of people that you really can't judge a book by its cover - really!

Dianne said...

my car is so old the dealership isn't even there anymore! lol

Susan Boyle brings tears to my ears and fills me with joy. She is a wonder!

loved your sepia ducks