Saturday, January 10, 2009

Creative Photo

When I haven't taken a particularly creative photo during the week, I fall back on my archives from when I was fortunate enough to travel to Paris twice with my daughter on school trips, in February, 2004 and April, 2005.

The photo shows a small part of King Louis XIV's 'backyard,' for lack of a better term, at the 700-room Palace of Versailles.

It was taken on Feb. 19, 2004 on a cold and dreary day. I was wandering about for awhile by myself, after getting separated from the group.
Below I gave the photo some 'hue.' Oui, oui!

To see more photos and to join in, visit Roger at Idaho Photo and click on the Creative Photo tab. You won't be disappointed!

8 comments:

RW said...

What a great photo with a great story Patti! Walking around the Sun Kings backyard lol! I like how you used some hue on it to! Great shot!

Felisol said...

Hello, Patti,
must have been great visiting one of Europe's 7 wonders, the Versailles.
I never was there myself, daughter Serina speaks highly of Paris though.

I also liked your sky pics, the blurry ind, so common here this time of the year.
Thanks for dropping by, leaving words of encouragement.
Highly appreciated.
From Felisol

Catherine said...

Ah! Le Chateau de Versailles, and its lines before entering!
It's magic, isn't it ? No other modern buildings all around; They very well preserved its surroundings. I don't speak of interiors! To much to say ! Have you seen the little farm of Marie Antoinette ? in the same park with sheeps ?

Helen Bennett Harvey said...

amazing how your lovely photo belies what took place there sometime around July 14, 1789.....if only they had let them eat bread...

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Reminds me of my one-day diversion there in 1973. So much excess of gilt in the rooms. But gardens of orderly beauty.

Linda said...

That's quite the backyard the King had there - much grander than mine!

I like the one with the hue, it really makes it pop!

Julie said...

Very cool, I would trade backyards for sure.

EG CameraGirl said...

That's SOME backyard! Nice photo of it too.

Please visit my CP at moreofme24.blogspot.com