Thursday, January 1, 2009

Saying so long to 2008 ~ get outta here!

Woo hoo! It's 2009.
I try to be a fairly upbeat person, but I must say I am more than ready to get rid of 2008. It was not a very good year. Come to think of it, 2007 kinda sucked, too. I think Ralph and I are due for a better year. I hope we are anyway. Must be positive about this.

Yesterday we were snowed in. It started coming down around 8 a.m. I was able to work from home, thankfully. Ralph had the day off.
Our children were just hangin' around. Spending way too much time on their computers, but whatever.
We are starting to realize the importance of this winter break for them. They both were extremely busy last semester at college. I'm happy they are involved in so many activities there. And they both got good grades, so all is well.
Today we get to shoo them outside to shovel the driveway. Woo hoo. Sounds like a plan.

I hope to take some pictures today. That sounds like a relaxing, day off kind of thing to do...we'll see. Off to make New Year's Day breakfast.
Later I may bake some fudgy brownies, with the help of Betty Crocker.

Hope you all have a lovely New Year's Day and a Happy 2009!

7 comments:

Helen Bennett Harvey said...

Patti - can your next blog detail how you get college kids to put down the lap top and shovel the driveway? Was it a brownie bribe? Your inquiring readers NEED to know!

Patti said...

Helen: They shoveled! It's a miracle.
I may even go to the food store soon. I always need something there.

I haven't even made the brownies yet.

storyteller said...

Happy 2009 to you and yours!
Hugs and blessings,

Linda said...

Hey! Betty Crocker and I made some fudgey brownies earlier after I got home from work! Must be a 2009 kinda thing, eh??

Jamie did the shoveling while I was at work yesterday so it was very nice to come home to a shoveled walkway without having to listen to anyone whining about it (sorry, Amanda!).

I sincerely hope that you and Ralph have a new year that is filled with lots of good things and that the bad is left in the dust of 2008. I know how rough the year has been for you and I admire your perseverance, your perkiness, and your Patti-ness in spite of all. You are indeed a Royal Princess!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Patti, I'm also wishing you here a great 2009 :)
Looking forward to the new year with more of your great photos :)

Napaboaniya APAD

RW said...

Happy New Year Patti! All the best in 2009!! :D

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh i am so late today! i can't seem to get myself together! at six tonight i went in for a nap! hope tomorrow is better.

and i hope you and ralph have a wonderful year. i am glad the children are home to shovel the snow!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo