Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sailing, sailing (not me, but some brave folks are!)

Last Thursday afternoon Ralph accompanied me on a fun story that was published Friday. It's about a husband and wife from California who are off on an adventure in a power boat he built a few years ago. They left from Shelton, Ct., headed to Florida.
The story was published Friday and I thought I would link "Coast couple launches sea adventure" here, since I am fresh out of blog ideas right now. The photo below, taken by my co-worker, Melanie, accompanied the story. She's a great photographer.

I've been getting two children ready to go off to college and my mother ready to move into her new condo, all in the same week.
I'm not doing all that much, but I have made myself "available" to them. I took the week off so maybe I can help somebody with something.





Melanie Stengel/Register
Derby Alderman Anthony Szweczyk helps launch the Loon, a boat owned by Colleen and Jeff Stobbe of California. Colleen is on the bow.

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

enjoy your week patti!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Queen-Size funny bone said...

It would have to be a hell of a lot bigger than that if I was going to sail to Florida. Much bigger..

Lynn said...

Why would they sail from Conneticut to Florida instead of from San Francisco to Los Angeles...Washington (state) to Baja California?...just wondering. BTW, how are you doing with both kiddies in college?

Linda said...

Sounds like you have been having yourself one heck of a busy week! Oh, and I'm with Queen-Size, I really would want a bigger boat but then again, I'm not much of an adventurer when you get right down to it!