Monday, April 21, 2008

Hairy issue

My hair got chopped off the other day. Actually it was more than a week ago, but I still miss it.
It was an accident. I love my hairdresser. M. has been cutting my hair forever. She knows my thick, wavy tresses well. She's a friend I see every six (or 12) weeks, and is a good person.

That said, M. really got carried away with those scissors. She was snipping, and talking, and I was listening, and not paying attention to what she was doing.
It's something about someone working with my hair that puts me in a semi-trance. It's relaxing.
But when I looked in the mirror, I shrieked.

I lost my locks. Will they grow back? Sure. Do I pull on the ends to try to stretch them back down to a reasonable length? Sure do.
The good part is that for now I have gone green: with less hair on my head, I'm saving shampoo, water, energy heating said water and I'm also using less energy to run the blow dryer.

I'm now living the green life. La vida verde, I guess.

(Disclaimer: this is for giggles only, to poke fun at my own vanity. I know people lose their hair for serious health reasons, and I'd never make fun of someone who is bald).

8 comments:

Joan said...

Hi Patti! Of course a bad haircut story would bring me out of hibernation to offer my condolences. What is so timely is that I had the very same experience last week just before we went to our friend's daughter's wedding. Hang in there. Our hair will grow back eventually...won't it?!?!!? :~)

And I promise to return to BlogLand shortly. I've been lurking out there reading everyone...I just haven't had the energy or creativity to write or comment lately but I'm beginning to get that blogging feeling again.

Patti said...

Hi Joan! Welcome back to BlogLand.
I missed you.
Sorry to read you had the same hairy experience. But you're right, it will grow back.
I hope you read my silver pheasant stories..you would have had fun researching pheasants.
I'm waiting for the next sighting! Not only will I get a blog post, but a feature for the paper.

;-)

Patti

Michele said...

Hehe... going "green" on a short haircut! I love that. I bet you look awesome though, even if you did cut it shorter than you wanted and yes, it will grow back.

Odat said...

AWww...I feel your pain....I would have "flipped" if that happened to me....I'd "curl" my lip...and "straighten" her out!!!! ok, i'm going now! ;-)

Peace

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i too am going "green" today. i am NOT going to litter!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lynn said...

I am totally with you on the too short haircut. With me, it's my bangs. If they are not at the bottom of eyebrow level, they are too short and I pull on them to try to make them longer. What can we say...as women, we are vain. I'd love to have gone green yesterday, and not have driven to work...sigh.

Linda said...

Sounds like you're going green to the extreme!

I've lived through many a bad haircut and really need to consider doing something with my hair as we speak but my favorite hairdresser/friend is in the middle of finals at the college she is attending (and she's older than me!) so she's a bit swamped and I don't trust anyone else with my hair! Guess I shall go to California looking like I have a mop on top of my head!

Christy said...

Going green is a very good way to look at it. And I bet you'll be cooler. =o)