Friday, April 25, 2008

From Braingle: a trivia and quiz site

As the site says, "It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time. This little test should help you get started."

During a visit to a mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criteria is that defines if a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub. Then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup, and a bucket to the patient and ask the patient to empty the bathtub."

Okay, here's your test:

1. Would you use the spoon? 2. Would you use the teacup? 3. Would you use the bucket?

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would choose the bucket, as it is larger than the spoon."
What was the director's response?




Answer


"No," answered the Director. "A normal person would pull the plug."

~ Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

Linda said...

Why is there always a hidden fourth alternative?!?

Odat said...

LOL @ Linda's comment....

This was a good one Patti.

Peace

Lynn said...

I knew that...yeah right...I was going with the bucket. I guess that means that they are holding a room for me at the local asylum:~( sigh

Patti said...

Linda: To trip people up.

Odat: Glad you liked.

Lynn: I was part of the bucket brigade myself.