Friday, February 9, 2007

'Go Red for Women'

I attended a 'Go Red for Women' luncheon today and I'm glad I did. The speakers discussed heart disease risk factors, both those we can control and those we cannot.

The American Heart Association launched the 'Go Red for Women' initiative in February 2004 to raise awareness about heart disease and educate people about ways to fight it. Women nationwide have joined the movement, according to the association's Web site.

I am proudly wearing my red dress lapel pin, courtesy of the American Heart Association.

The event gave me the kick in the you-know-what I needed to finally call the doctor's office and make an appointment.
I haven't been there in 18 months and I know I should take better care of myself and get checked out.

Today's takeaway: Heart disease kills more women than men.

2 comments:

Joan said...

I think most people would be surprised to learn that heart disease kills more women than men. Your post reminds me that I too need to call my doctor to make an appointment...it's now on my "Things to Do Next Week" list. Thanks for the nudge!

Patti said...

any time!