Thursday, April 23, 2009

Timing is everything

I often see incredibly beautiful nature photos as I cruise around the blogosphere, including a lot of close-ups of birds and water fowl, and I admire each and every one of them.
Today I was fortunate enough to look out the front window in time to get three photos of a cardinal (I think) sitting on the side-view mirror of my car.

The tale of the tail ...


Whaddya think? Was she getting ready for a big date this afternoon? It's always good to check the mirror before heading out.

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh she's a cutie allright!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

the moose buyer said...

I thought Cardinals were red not yellow but I have no idea what kind of bird it is - well all right if you insist is has a name, I will call it the "yellow in the mirror bird".

Linda said...

Leave it to a bird to pimp in the mirror, too! Whatever kind of bird she is, she's awfully cute. I saw some morning doves in the side yard this afternoon but of course had my camera nowhere near me. Same thing when I saw some squirrels cavorting out there this morning. I'm just not fast enough for the little guys!

RA said...

She's a cutie! What a great timing you had :). Have a nice day, Patti.

Anonymous said...

A female Cardinal! Aren't they lovely?!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Maybe she had a job interview....