Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mystery perennial and some bloomin' trees

It was another sunny day today, so I took a few pix. I hear rain is on the way for Monday.

I don't remember what kind of perennials these are, but I'm glad they survived the winter and reappeared this week. They offer some color to my otherwise dried-up flower garden. Must get working on that!

The apple (or cherry?) trees that line the high school driveway have bloomed. The high school is right around the corner from our house, which was convenient when our kids attended.

Aren't they eye-catching? I love the pale pink.
As you can see, I'm welcoming spring around here. Yay!

8 comments:

RA said...

Beautiful perennial! But, I'm no good at naming them :). What a beautiful high school driveway! It surely adds some lovely high school memories.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh how beautiful! looks like the cherry blossoms in washington dc but could be any fruit really.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxooxxo

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

YEA Spring!

Beautiful

Joan said...

Exquisite...absolutely exquisite.

Amrita said...

soothing picture on a blistering hot morning

dot said...

Wow, those are pretty!

Linda said...

Pretty trees! Nothing really looks all that great around here - even the forsythia looks straggly. My mom mentioned to me today that we've been officially in Spring for a month now but I have a very hard time believing that as it sure hasn't felt like it to me!

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Wonderful that you could capture a Ruby Tuesday in France. I hope you have more photos of your travels with red in them. Thanks for visiting me. :)