Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ruby Tuesday ~ Early Autumn

Tuesdays sure come around fast. It's once again time for a new Ruby Tuesday!
This weekend I shot some photos of bits of red. The one above is a tree with leaves that are just starting to turn red. It's reflected in the Naugatuck River in Derby, Connecticut.
Below is a pretty shrub that is part of a row of them planted at a shopping center. I realize it's pink, but that's like a very light shade of red, so it's OK, right?

To see more Ruby Tuesday photos, visit Mary, The Teach.
Mary's idea really took off. It's easy and fun to do.
I'm late posting this and I'm afraid to look on her blog. I'm sure there are close to 100 participants already.

12 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i think that is what we call burning bush here. it gets redder before the leaves fall off if it is.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Joan said...

Green, green, green...that's all we SoCal folks get to see all year long. Your photo of the leaves beginning to change color makes me pine for those long-a-go days in New York. Sigh...

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Ahhh, I can never get enough of the beautiful autumn colors.

Melli said...

Yep! Pink is light red! They are pretty bushes!

Carletta said...

I love the first one! I love autumn and this really speaks to the country girl in me.

Linda said...

I'm sure that once the sun makes a return to the New England states that we'll have even more color to brighten our days. Of course, all of this darned rain needs to move on out first!

Lynn said...

When I see red in bushes, I think of poison oak...itch, itch, itch.

Dianne said...

don't you love when the first bits of color come out!!

Dora said...

Lovely pics!

Travis Cody said...

I really enjoyed the trip to the tulip festival last May, but if you make me choose...I think fall colors are the best.

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

I like the red reflection on the water. Happy RT!! :)
Napaboaniya APAD

Felisol said...

Dear Patti,
I fell for the first picture. The scenery reflected by the water gave a magic fairytale feeling.
Like walking in the autumn wonderland.
From Felisol