Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Awards from, ahem, royalty

Mimi, Queen of Memes, had a Blog Appreciation Week a while back, and I only thanked her for one of the three awards she kindly bestowed upon me.

I hope I am not destined for the dungeon. It's dank, as we all know. And dark. And there is no electricity, just a few small windows with a northern exposure. You never get to see a sunrise or a sunset. Or anything pleasant. It's just not pretty.

Her Highness honored me with this award:

with this comment:
"Patti @ Late Bloomer Boomer- aka Princess Patti the Succinct Writer Extraordinaire who manages to maintain a quality blog and write for a New England newspaper. Patti is a person I greatly admire. She is not only of royal heritage but a kind and decent and lovely woman. I am proud to call her my friend."


Thank you, Mimi, for your very kind words. The check is in the mail.

~ ~ ~


The Queen of Memes (and I daresay of the blogosphere) also honored me with this:


It's from Chuck at Foster Me Up.

Apparently Chuck believes that Mimi is a VIXEN!


Looks like I'm in good company!

But I'm not really a vixen, am I? My mother wouldn't approve.

Thank you again, Mimi, for your kind words. Another check is in the mail.


5 comments:

Joan said...

Wow...congratulations on your awards! And I have to agree that succinct writing is definitely an art that not everyone masters! Good for you.

Sandee said...

How fun. I ♥ Mimi and Chuck. :)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

looks like someone is an award hog...lol

Michele said...

Congratulations on your awards.. you definitely are a star!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Ah yes..the vixens are out in force tonight. Lovely! You deserve all of these and more, dear Princess.