Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sense of humor will keep me going

It's all about keeping one's sense of humor when we face life's challenges. {insert smiley face here}
That's my motto and I'm stickin' to it.

My current challenge, in addition to keeping my kitty cat happy and healthy 24/7, is dealing with a diagnosis of breast cancer.
You can read about it here.

I'm not all that used to talking about myself (that's a challenge in and of itself) but I do want to write often about my new journey. I know it will be therapeutic for me.

This is a challenge many women have overcome, and I plan to be an active member in that special sisterhood.

3 comments:

Linda said...

An excellent idea - both writing about your journey through this particular part of your life and keeping your sense of humor about you; it may be an old adage but I do believe that sometimes laughter truly IS the best medicine.

Speaking of breast cancer and humor - while I was on my cruise I made sure in every port to buy a postcard and send it to a woman in Maine that I have never met who recently lost a breast to cancer. She had told her friends that she was going to look at it as sending her boob on vacation so her son got the idea to ask people to start sending her postcards from her boob while it was on its travels. Another friend of mine on Facebook alerted me to this so at every port I was sure to buy a postcard for Mama Morris from her vacationing boob. I'm hoping that those cards at least evoked a smile or two and maybe even a laugh.

It's the little things sometimes, huh?

Patti said...

Oh wow I love that story Linda!

I'm sure your postcards evoked smiles and laughter. :D

It IS the little things in life that count.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

yes, it will help i know!

big hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxooxox