Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ahead of the times, for once

I call myself a Late Bloomer, but I've come to realize I've actually been ahead of the curve in one area: being able to survive in a high cost state on a " low budget," to quote The Kinks.
I should have thought about writing a handbook for surviving and keeping a family of four together on a "low budget" a few years ago, before it became trendy.
Dang.
Ralph and I have survived our own unemployment problems, recession, depression and downward spirals for years. And we are still here to talk about it.

Not my usual upbeat post, but it is what it is.

I have a joke from the e-mail bag to share...maybe tomorrow!

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well start teaching everyone else honey! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dianne said...

it is upbeat - because you survive and thrive - and tell it like it is

that's why I admire you - and Ralph

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I know of surviving this whole Heck-A-Doodle over the last 6 years...and yes..it is upbeat because you did survive

the moose buyer said...

haven't been on in a while but I have been thinking about you and Ralph. Hope all is well. Things are better at my end now (if you go to my blog you will see why) and I might now be in a better frame of mind to blog.

Hope winter has been easy on you guys. I know it's been tough in Iowa but I can't retire now because of the economy anyway.