Friday, March 20, 2009

Random thoughts on a Friday night

This post is in deference to the one and only Empress Bee (of the High Sea), who has referred many times on her blog to possibly ingesting a bit too much fish oil.

These are some random thoughts I've had while I've been sick in bed over these last days, and they might just qualify for "too much fish oil" status, even though I haven't had any.
  • I like M&Ms (who doesn't?) but I actually prefer Hershey-ets. I like the flavor of the Hershey's chocolate, but sometimes they are difficult to find in the store.
  • I prefer thin, New York-style pizza crust, but really any is fine.
  • I like peanut butter, but to me, chunky rules. That reminds me of when Cameron was 5 and he had a friend come over for lunch. I made them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The little guy looked up at me quizzically and said, "They're nuts in here," to which I replied: "They're little pieces of peanuts." I guess his mommy only bought smooth peanut butter. I can't remember what I gave him for a replacement sandwich.
  • I'll eat eggs cooked any way. Ralph doesn't care for them, but does eat them by adding cheese, potatoes, ham, bacon, tomatoes...to disguise the flavor.
  • Hot dogs taste best cooked out on the grill in the summertime.
  • Ditto hamburgers (sorry if anyone is a vegetarian).
  • I've never liked beets. They are probably really nutritious, but I'm not interested.
So Miss Bee, how did I do??

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well frankly i LOVED this post! i learned something about you, i was entertained, i had to think, and now i want chocolate and pizza!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Lynn said...

Thin crust pizza is the best! I've never had chunky peanut butter...now I'll have to try it. Maybe you can disguise beets by adding "cheese, pototoes, ham, bacon, tomatoes...". If it works for Ralph and eggs, it might just work for you and beets...just sayin' : )

Linda said...

Amanda is a big fan of thin crust pizza but I think it's because she can eat more of it!

I'm not a big fan of beets myself, I just never acquired a taste for them but my youngest, Jamie, loves them.

Glad you're feeling good enough to be blogging again!

RW said...

Sounds like good stuff to me Patti! I hope your feeling better!! :D

Dianne said...

been stopping by each day to check on you, hope you're feeling better

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

M&Ms rule

I love thin pizza, but really miss the Sicilian Square pies of NY

I am a creamy guy

LOVE eggs ...any way they are cooked (except runny)