Thursday, January 3, 2008

A nice way to start the year

Michele at The Rocky Mountain Retreat honored me along with 16 other bloggers with this award. I am touched that she would find my little corner of the blogosphere inspiring. I just enjoy writing and knowing a few fellow bloggers will be reading what I offer here.

I would like to pass this award on to many people I have met over the past year, but one in particular who may need a lift today is Mimi, Queen of Memes. She has gone through a trauma over the past week, at Christmastime for goodness' sake! and she has been in my thoughts.
Mimi certainly inspires me, both with her beautiful and sometimes quirky writing and with her toughness. She's a tough cookie, but a sweet one nonetheless.

(I hope I don't get banished to the dungeon for that tough cookie remark. I hear it's chilly down there this time of year.)

6 comments:

Christy said...

It is the tough cookies that stick around the longest (because no one will eat them) haha. I think that is a fair and sweet reward. Well done.

Casdok said...

Congratulations on your award. You do deserve it!

Joan said...

Many, many congrats...inspiring you are!

Mimi Lenox said...

You areinspiring, Patti. I have really grown to love your blog and honest writings about your life in New England. You do write "succinctly" well.

Thank you for uplifting me and lifting my spirits today. I do feel better tonight. What a nice thing to do! I appreciate it.

How is your mother? Thinking of her.

Linda said...

I wouldn't worry about the dungeon based on Mimi's comments but even if you had been banished, she secretly had central heat and air installed because she's not as tough of a cookie as one might think! She is, after all, the pillar of Southern gentility and what sort of Southern Belle would keep her prisoners locked in a dingy dungeon without any amenities?

Of course, she could lock those scoundrels that broke into her house in the dankest of dungeons and I think it would only be fair.

Odat said...

Well deserved Patti! and I'm glad you passed it along to Mimi...

Peace