Monday, January 21, 2008

It has been quite a year

My first blogiversary. Yippee!!
I've had an interesting first year in the blogosphere, meeting new friends, learning stuff, going different places that other writers take me in their blogs. Much fun.

My first blog post was titled "Boomer in Bloom" and the first sentence was: Chronicling the travels of a middle-aged wife and mother of two teen-agers on what once was called the Information Superhighway.

Have I done that? I think so. My goal is to practice more creative writing. We'll see. That takes work!

My earliest commenters were my daughter, my sister-in-law Michele, two friends and a new acquaintance.
My first reader who arrived from the blogosphere was dear Joan, The Erstwhile Librarian. Thanks for discovering me, Joan! That was the beginning of my blog journey, or blourney, as Queen Mimi might say.
All I can say at the moment is on to year two ~ and bigger and better posts.
Looks like some of us are having a relaxing Monday morning! We just spotted them posing atop our headboard. At least the camera didn't spook them.


8 comments:

Mahala said...

Such sweet kitties! They sorta look like they're planning your demise in the picture though lol.

Lynn said...

Happy Blogiversary to you. I think I missed mine...(there's always next year)

What progress the kitties are making...they found their way from under the bed to on top of the headboard. Go kitties!

Joan said...

OMG...has it really been a year??? Congrats on reaching this blogging milestone and may you have many many more years of blogging bliss.

And I'm happy to see the kitties are out-and-about if only for short periods of time. "Hello handsome kitties."

sari said...

Congrats!

I'm so busy lately with the baby I haven't been around as much as I'd like...but I always enjoy reading your blog and your great attitude.

Here's to another year!

Michele said...

Congratulations on the blogiversary!
Awesome picture!! Wow... that's a great stance of the furballs!!
I like the fact that your sister-in-law Michele spells her name with one "L". Hard to find many Micheles that spell it like that.

Linda said...

Congratulations on your 1st Blogiversary plus one day being that I am late to the party as per usual!

Funny how fast it goes by, isn't it? I would be willing to be that by the time your second Blogiversary rolls around the kitties will have taken over the house and you'll have forgotten they ever were cautious to begin with!

Odat said...

Happy Blogaversary!!!! and I just adore those cats!!!
Peace

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh how sweet!!! they are adorable!

smiles, bee
xoxoxooxxo