Friday, July 9, 2010

Is there ANY good news out there?

The last six weeks or so have been filled with bad news. Both here in our community and all over the place, it seems.
It has been one thing after another.
I hope something good happens soon! It's getting depressing.

In June three friends lost family members, and today I read that an acquaintance, a salt of the earth kind of guy who was a World War II veteran, has passed away.

My good news is I may be getting together with a friend I haven't seen since *high school* tomorrow. That is a long time ago! We have reconnected after all these years through Facebook.
The bad news is she is back home in Connecticut for a sad reason.

Anyone have anything happy to share?


4 comments:

RA said...

Dear Patti, I hope there will be good news soon. Hugs and love. Have a wonderful weekend.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i have some great news! we have NO dr. appts. until thursday! woo hoo!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh wait, never mind. i forgot i have an oncology appt. monday. drat.

Linda said...

Uhm ... well ... er ... you know how it's been going with me but it's getting better so that's good news, right??