Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pink is the word


On Thursday I attended a rally that kicked off the local hospital's $1 million fund-raising campaign to build a breast wellness center.
The theme of the event was "For Love of Life, For Lives We Love."

So many of us know a friend, a sister, an aunt, or in my case my mother and grandmother, who have had breast cancer.

Since today is Mother's Day, I thought it was fitting to link the story here.

The committee co-chair, who is a 20-year survivor of the disease, talked about the importance of early detection in saving lives and surviving. Let this post be a reminder to all of us!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister Lynda's Mother-in-Law, in my case, and Miss Bee. This sounds like a wonderful event! I dearly hope they kick cancer to the curb once and for all very soon.

Happy Mother's Day, Patti!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

me too. and i can tell you first hand it was no fun but i am here and kicking so yes, early detection please!

happy mother's day patti!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxooxox

EG CameraGirl said...

Great post, Patti, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!