Friday, May 14, 2010

We got us a graduit!

Kid One, our daughter Allegra, is graduating from college Sunday. But more on that later, after we see her get her degree. (sniff, tear)

This is Allegra waiting for the big yellow school bus on the first day of kindergarten in August, 1993. She was so looking forward to starting school. She was ready, even though she was not yet 5.

I remember the kids had to wear a piece of paper with their name, teacher's name and school bus number around their necks for the first few days of school.
I don't know if you can see it here, but in case you did and were wondering,..


9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh congratulations allegro! great news!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Allegra was quite a little beauty! Congratulations to her and to you and Ralph as well!

Linda said...

Sunday is going to be one wonderful day for you and Ralph and especially Allegra - wonderful and yet scary at the same time.

Congratulations to all!

CrAzY Working Mom said...

Congrats to the graduate. I've got one of those myself, from pre-school that is. ;)

Have a great weekend!!

EG CameraGirl said...

Allegra sure was a cutie back then! (She's still lovely, actually.)

It's hard to watch them grow up so fast! I bet kindergarten does not feel so long ago.

Odat said...

Contrats to Allegra...and to you and Ralph for raising a great kid!!!
Peace

Dianne said...

congratulations!!!!!
enjoy the day

when my niece graduated I remember her saying "so now I'm all edumacated"

graduit reminded me of that

well done Allegra!

Carletta said...

Congrats to Allegra! And, Mom and Dad. :)
My nephew graduated last Saturday.
Celebrate and take lots of pics.

Patti said...

Thanks, all! We are proud.