Saturday, March 28, 2009

On the slow road to recovery

I'm still not feeling normal and this morning is the first time I've missed helping out with our church's Angel Food Ministries food distribution, which makes me feel sad. We've been doing it once a month since October.

Ralph left a few minutes ago to go do his part. He's in charge of checking paperwork and of yelling out peoples' orders when they show him their receipts. "One main box! One special number 3!" he bellows.
You can't order a special, which is either a variety of meats or a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, unless you order either a main box, for $30, or a senior box which features microwave meals. (My mother found the portions to be over-sized, way too much for her, and hasn't ordered it again.)

The ministry has grown and a lot more people from the community have heard about us and have been placing orders. The food is incredibly low-priced, and helps keep monthly grocery bills down, that's for sure.

Several friends have suggested I go to a doctor. Hmmm....novel idea. Then I guess I could find out for sure what is wrong with me. Must take under consideration.

Time to go rest for a bit... we actually have plans this afternoon and I want to have as much energy as possible to enjoy. Don't want to cancel!

But more on that later..

I hope to get back to visiting people soon. Happy weekend to all.

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i sure hope you get to feeling better and i know what your plans are for later. hope you can make it!

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

RA said...

I really hope that you get well very soon, dear Patti. My prayers are with you. Love and hugs :)

Linda said...

Perhaps seeing a doctor might not be a bad idea, you definitely looked kinda peaked earlier this evening and I'd hate to see you continue to be sick (though it was definitely very nice to see you and Ralph again!). You need to recover so that you'll have more spunk when I come to visit you in the Uplands!

Amrita said...

Get well soon Patti. Maybe you should go see a doctor.

Barb said...

I came over from Linda's blog. I also read your rambling post inspired by Empress Bee! She's one of my favorite people, what a hoot!

I hope you start to feeling better soon.

sari said...

feel better soon! We have all been sick here, it's no fun.