Sunday, March 29, 2009

Getting out and about

> > > WHAT GOOD IS SITTING ALONE IN YOUR ROOM?
Come hear the music play!

Life is a cabaret, old chum, come to the cabaret! (With apologies to Liza Minnelli.)

Patti's pity party came to an end yesterday as I kissed my pillow good-bye and hopped in the van to take a ride up I-95 with Ralph to dine with royalty.
Yes, Airhead 55 and I had the distinct
pleasure of meeting up with blogger extraordinaire Linda, Duchess of Norwich-Upon-Thames at a restaurant in Waterford.The Duchess presented me with a lovely alliterative gift: "pretty purple potted pansies for Princess Patti" to welcome spring. The Duchess and I agreed that we are both more than ready for spring to arrive.

She and I ordered clam chowder in a bread bowl: Yum.
I purposely haven't looked at Linda's blog, so I don't know if the Duchess doth posted about our get-together.
I'm sure that Ralph will fill in his readers
with more details than I am revealing here; he had a pulled pork sandwich that he enjoyed.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Simply put, we had a great time and we hope to get together again soon. We are ready to give the Duchess a "royal tour" of our neck of the woods someday soon.
~~~
Ralph and I split this dessert. It was a semi-sweet chocolate shell, filled with cloyingly sweet peanut butter. I would have preferred vanilla ice cream with the chocolate, but it wasn't my creation. The whipped cream was real, which was a treat.The Duchess chose cheesecake to end her meal. She liked it.

9 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

Ummmm....well....uh....I'm so not amused.

Mimi Lenox said...

I'm back.
I'm over it.
OK. So I'm not there.

But please tell me you wore your crowns. Yes?

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh yummy!!! so glad you got out too...

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Patti said...

Mimi: I hope you are feeling better. I haven't read your blog, but the Duchess said you were ill. Get well soon!

Bee: How did you know what our plans were??

Joan said...

I've been worried about your absence so naturally I was happy to read that you, Ralph and Linda had a great time out...the food sounds and looks yummy. Take care of yourself.

Dianne said...

It's always so pretty when royalty gets together ;)

Linda said...

Good morning, Princess. I briefly mentioned our get-together in passing in yesterday's post as I was so wiped out when I got home Saturday night (and then had to deal with three teenagers) I didn't have time to do it justice). I believe I shall elaborate more today before going back into work.

Hope you are feeling more perky today and that you are inching your way back to recovery. Seriously, if you don't feel a lot better soon - get thee to a doctor just in case it's more than the lingering flu.

Looking forward to visiting your neck of the woods soon!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Glad to see y'all had a marvelous time...

Amrita said...

What a feast Patti. My feast tonigt is garden fresh tomato/spinach soup, scotch eggs and packaged noodles LOL