Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Unscathed

I'm happy this old, very old photo of moi survived the fire at my mother's house better than our wedding photo did. (See that story here.)

Ah, memories...although I really don't remember posing for this particular shot.

I found this blast from my past amongst the rubble in my mother's fire-damaged house. Today is the closing on that house. Finally. The new owner will build another house on the foundation.

Soon my mother will be moving into a condo that is just a half-mile from our house. Ralph and I will be able to "roll" and walk over to see her. He won't have to fire up the van, at least not in the nice weather. That will save some gas.

Unfortunately we still have lots more "stuff" to sift through. There are many sentimental value items to be salvaged.
Where am I going to put all that stuff?
I do not have a clue. Or a basement, for that matter!

8 comments:

Christy said...

I love the photo and am glad it was saved.

Joan said...

Patti: When Lynn and I moved my mom from her apartment to Lynn's home, we had to make tough decisions on what to keep and what to dispose of. We certainly kept the family photos, jewelry and other small things but we also got rid of a lot of "stuff." What you have to ask yourself are these 2 questions: "How important are these things to Mom" and "Who will get these things when I die and will they be as important to them as they are to me?" When we realized that many of the items would have no significance to Elle and Sport, we decided to dispose of them. Good luck.

sari said...

Good luck.

I just received a bunch of my grandmother's jewelry (she passed away in December) and although a lot of it didn't mean anything to my sisters, I'm glad to have it.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh what a job! i don't envy you honey...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Linda said...

Yep - looks just like you!

Is it my imagination or did we all have to pose like that one time or another??

RW said...

Thats a very nice photo Patti!

Odat said...

Soooooooo cute!!!!!

I know about all the "Stuff" that has to be stored!!!
My hub was a pack rat. I'm making decisions as to what to keep and what to give away because there's no more "Away" to put things in.

Peace

Mimi Lenox said...

That photo is adorable and I'm glad you found it. Also good to hear that your mother's situation is settling down a bit. Sounds like you have things well under control, Princess Patti.