Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The good kind of 'mug shot'

This morning mug meme (how alliterative!) comes from my fellow Nutmegger, Linda, who got it from Lois at Lowdown from Lois. (I actually started this post April 18, then got sidetracked...)
As Linda said, there's just one rule and this is it ...
Lois' Morning Mug Meme Rules: Most folks drink some sort of a morning beverage, be it coffee or tea, and most likely from a mug. Please share a photo of your favorite mug(s) and tell a story about how it became your favorite. Include what you drink with this mug.
I collect mugs, as well as gnomes, bunnies, ducks, and Teddy bears, so I enjoyed this meme. I like stuff, I guess you could say.
Anyhoo I had problems with glare on some of the glazed mugs when I photographed them.
I have much better luck when I take outdoor photos.

Here's my morning cuppa Joe in a large mug featuring Maxine, saying "I'd drink flavored tea if the flavor was really strong coffee." I like her crotchety style.
(Bonus points if anyone knows her dog's name. I sure don't.)

Now one of my other favorite mugs out of which I drink coffee is this one, featuring Garfield's "mug." Haha.
I bought this one several years ago at our church tag sale for 25 cents. We all know his canine companion's name, right?

I love Garfield. He is full of just the right amount of cat-itude, don't you think?

Photo number 3 is the one I hesitated to use...the glare is killin' my eyes. But here goes. This coffee mug is a souvenir from Pennsylvania Dutch Country. It has sentimental value, because we went to Lancaster on our first long road trip with Kid One and Kid Two.
They were pretty little then and one of the most unusual things we all remember from the trip was driving past two street signs in Lancaster. We were at the corner of Lemon and Lime. Really! Not kidding about this!

We also saw the Mason-Dixon line on that rather educational family vacation. I had always thought that it was further South. Silly me.
~
The End.

If you haven't done this meme, give it a whirl.

10 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

my grandparents farm is only eight miles north of the mason dixon line, funny most people don't know where it is!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Michele said...

Hehehe... the garfield one cracked me up... k, the solution is to take the mugs outside and photograph them... LOL!
Great meme...
Have a great day Patti!

allegra said...

i remember lemon and lime! i think there was also king and queen...

Patti said...

Bee: Iremember you told Ralph that

Michele: You are absolutely correct about taking things outside to photograph. Now why didn't I think of that?

Leggie: welcome to Mama's blog!!!

Christy said...

I love mugs, too. The new one I received on Mother's Day is super cute from Hallmark. I also have a fun tinkerbell mug, it's huge!

The Curmudgeon said...

I used to have a mug -- well, I used it all the time, though it was really part of someone else's collection -- that said, "Denial is not a river in Egypt."

I always thought that amusing.

Thanks for the gazillion comments recently; I truly appreciate them.

Odat said...

I used to have have loads of mugs too....then I needed space...so I gave a lot of them away...

Yours are great!!! I love Maxine and Garfield too (I used to have a cat that looked just like Garfield)...

Not you've got me wondering about Maxine's Dog's name...damn...I'm going to try and track it down!

Peace

Patti said...

Christy: Mugs can reflect our personalities. ;-)

Curmy: you are welcome. I truly enjoyed catching up on your writings.

Odat: figure out his name?

Linda said...

I finally made it over - yay! And yay to you for a great job on this meme no matter when you started and finished it!

I had always thought the Mason-Dixon Line was a lot further south myself but I guess that's a Yankee thing! I love the Dutch Country, too, it's one of my favorite places to visit.

Patti said...

Linda: Glad you saw this because it took forever for me to get around to finishing.