Friday, May 23, 2008

Social calendar getting filled up

I am tired, so tired I could cry. (Isn't that a song?) Oh wait, that's I'm so lonesome I could cry. Well I'm not lonesome...just need a rest.
Can't get it this weekend, though. Two social engagements. Busy, busy. Out of town and everything...
On Saturday we are celebrating Chunkaccino's first birthday!!! I can't wait. He is a miracle baby and a big boy for his age. Adam is having a cowboy-themed party at a park, pardner. I've got to rustle up a cowgirl hat to wear. I must have one somewhere.

On Sunday I am going to a bridal shower for my cousin's daughter, who I barely know. I knew her when she was little but now she's 32. Yikes.
It's a brunch at a nice place and I have nothing to wear. :-(
My mother is invited, but she has nothing to wear either.

Then Sunday afternoon Kid One and Kid Two are marching in our town's Memorial Day Parade with the high school band.
Yes, Kid One is one of seven alumni members taking part. Such spirit! It's because of their teacher, she is wonderful. She inspires all of her music students to give it their best shot.

Have a great holiday weekend!

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

whoa pardner, you are a busy girl! take a nap, you'll make it!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoo

Linda said...

How about Monday? Can you relax on Monday? After all, this is a long weekend for some people (said the woman who has to work a double on both Sunday and Monday this weekend!)

Patti said...

Bee: I hope to get a nap in sometime, for sure!! I love naps.

Linda: Monday sounds great. ;-)

Odat said...

Just don't forget to take some deep breaths......and stay in the moment. You'll be fine...if you take a few moments every now and then for you!
Peace