Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The few, the proud...

This morning I got a call from Staff Sgt. "Smith" with the United States Marine Corps, looking for my dear daughter. I said, "The Marines?" even though I had heard him correctly.

I told him she was asleep!

I said she was in college and wouldn't be interested, but thank you. I was polite.
The thought of Kid One joining the Marines is too much for me to process.
I respect the Marines and all they do for our country to keep us safe, but she simply is not a candidate.

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you never know??? sometimes they do things that just don't make sense right now, but fall into place later. good luck, whichever way this one goes!

smiles, bee

Mimi Lenox said...

I quite agree, Miss Patti. Thinking of a daughter in the Marine Corps is too much for me to process as well.

You've been tagged by Queen of Memes http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com/2007/06/i-cannot-tell-lie.html

Patti said...

Bee: thanks for the wishes
Mimi: tagged? sounds like work
;-)

Sarah Caron said...

Patti, I don't blame you!

My goodness. They surely are aggresive, aren't they?

Lynn said...

How did they get your number?

Patti said...

Sarah: Yes, they are. Guess they need recruits.

Lynn: I really don't know..