Friday, August 27, 2010

I met a little angel last week

I briefly met a lot of wonderful children on a recent visit to a day camp program, and one of them in particular was what I would describe as an angel. She was so bright, so adorable, and so wise for her years. She made me smile.

I've found that when life is not going as well as it could, someone always seems to come into our lives and puts us back on a positive path. The 10-year old I met did just that. She stole my heart.

I wish I could have stayed longer to talk with her. She told me so much about herself in a few minutes. She has not had an easy childhood, but she seems to be coping with everything pretty well.

We live in the same town; maybe I'll see her again. I hope so.


1 comment:

Linda said...

'From the mouths of babes ...'