Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Update to yesterday's pre-Memorial Day parade post

If you look in the center of the photo you'll see Allegra wearing a costume from 1790 in Monday's parade as she walked with a group from the Derby Historical Society. Wish I had a better camera and a telephoto lens.

This is near the end of the parade route ~ everyone must have been tired!


Then a few steps closer  to where we were situated, she paused for a quick pose.

Here she is with Ralph watching the rest of the parade, all smiles because her job was done! It had gotten quite warm and summery and I'm sure that costume was hot.

2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

she is beautiful!

smiles, bee
xoxoxooxox

Barb said...

A lovely day! Thankfully, I have never had to walk in a parade, but I do enjoy watching one... briefly. I try never to stay until the end because of all the crowds and traffic. I'm an old poop. :)