Monday, May 28, 2012

Ready for a parade


Darling daughter just left to march with other docents from the Derby Historical Society at the Derby-Shelton Memorial Day Parade. She is wearing a circa 1790 dress.
It's much different than the Colonial garb she wears when she is one of the teachers in the "Day in 1762" program for fifth graders at the General David Humphreys House.

I'm happy she enjoys American history as much as she does! 


Ralph and I will be stationed near the end of the parade route to see her marching and then bring her back to the car. I just hope she doesn't get blisters..

3 comments:

Barb said...

Audra looks awesome! I actually love that period piece! Back when dresses covered stuff. The stuff kids are wearing nowadays... Did that sound old enough and disapproving enough of some of this younger generation? hahahaha!

Barb said...

Sorry, it's Allegra... not Audra. dane bramage. I should remember this quite easily as my best frind in high school use to HATE her middle name - Allegra. And what did she name one of daughters? mmmmhmmmm. She loves it now. :)

Patti said...

I love the name as well!
That's why I chose it. ;-)

It's from Longfellow's "The children's Hour," a poem I memorized as a child with my dad.

Dane bramage, eh? Never heard that one.

I don't like most of the clothes the younger generation wears either.