Tuesday, May 22, 2012

These two women are on a mission

Yesterday I had a story in the paper about two 20-year olds who want to help other women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

The young ladies, who are both serving in the military, are training to walk 60 miles in three days to raise funds for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

I am truly impressed with their determination. Walking 20 miles a day sounds overwhelming.

I know I could never complete such a walk. I was just happy to complete the 3.1-mile walk last October for the Griffin Hospital Center for Cancer Care in Derby, Ct.

I wear a pedometer now, so I suppose I really should start training now for the 4th annual walk, which will be here before we know it!

{This is another in a continuing series of posts about my breast cancer journey. Thanks for reading.} 

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my. I don't even want to drive 60 miles! How sad is that?

I use to do a very brisk 3 mile walk around the lake in about 35 minutes when I still lived in Lakeland, FL. That included stopping to watch the swams about halfway through. Oy. It's no wonder I've gained back all that weight. Oy!!

Barb said...

Swans... not swams. :)