Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday ~ waiting for Allegra

Our daughter marched in New Haven, Ct.'s St. Patrick's Day Parade March 11; the crowd was huge (I've heard it is the second biggest St. Paddy's parade in the country after NYC).
It was an absolutely gorgeous, almost-Spring afternoon.

We dropped Allegra off, since we have Ralph's wheelchair with which to deal. Allegra was part of a small group wearing Colonial costumes representing the Derby (Ct.) Historical Society. If she participates next year, we'll have to plan to to get there really early so Ralph can find a good spot to park his van and get through the throngs of people along the parade route.

I spied these shadows as we sat in the van waiting for her to find us. Ralph parked a few streets over from all the action.
We didn't spend the entire time parked here, we visited the nearby IKEA for lunch and plenty of people-watching. What a busy store that is!






I was going to post these pix last Saturday for SSS2, but sadly I didn't get around to it. I guess I am a "late" bloomer. ;-)


Join the fun and see lots more photos of shadows from across the globe at Shadow Shot Sunday 2.



19 comments:

Linda said...

Nice shots! If I'm not working next year when they hold the parade and if the weather is nice, perhaps I'll join you and Ralph at the festivities as I do love me a nice parade even if the marching bands always make me tear up a bit!

Oh, and I was thinking of you this morning while looking at the leaves that have popped on the trees outside. You may be a Late Bloomer but they're early bloomers this year!

Patti said...

Yes, I hope you can join us for the parade next year!

Barb said...

I spy with my little eye a certain photographer in the rear view mirror! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Kelly said...

Fun photos of both the shooter and the shootee! And of course, nice shadows, too!

(and better late than never!)

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Nice shadows in the second photo.

Regards and best wishes

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Ralph is certainly a shadowy character in this shot! :)

Sylvia K said...

Great shadow shots for the day, Patti! Looks as though you had a lovely day for the parade! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Carletta said...

With all that sun through the windshield Ralph needs a little bit of shadow. :)
Great shadow on the sidewalk.
Looks like you got the shadow side of the van. :)

robin. said...

great shots late bloomer!!!!

Full-On-Forward said...

Love the Mirror shot! And better Late Bloomers than NO bloomers at all!

Great job!

John

Chubby Chieque said...

Absolutely great shots, Patti? Better late than never, girl...

Happy SSS,

Blessings,
/CC

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love how even while sitting in a car there can be shadows to capture! Just a little twist of the body can do do it! Fun photos!

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful shots from inside the van! I can see it was a beautiful day, perfect for finding shadows. I LOVE the shadow in the second photo.

Lighthousegal said...

Looks like it was a good day for a parade and finding shadows.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Love that self portrait with the shadow shot. Nice bonus! And, good to see the other side of Ralph!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Love that side mirror shot Patti!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Miss Patti! Love your wiggled shadows! Who knew St. Patty's was so popular ~ that is one big parade!! We're heading to Bayonne NJ this weekend for a quick trip for a birthday party ~ I'll keep my eyes open for Karrie's look-alike ~ lol!!
Have a great week this week!

bj said...

I love these kind of shots, Patti.

Bet this was a fun day!

Cinderella said...

Just wanted to come by and wish you a good week ahead, sunshine and shadows and all of it:)