Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No time left for bloggin'

Darned FB. Takes up my recreational computer-use time.

I love blogging and visiting but haven't kept up with it. What's a woman to do? Win the lottery and stay home and blog to my heart's content.

Barring that, I guess I just have to cut back on FB and a certain couple of games I play that become addicting.

 ~

In other news,  I'm not a big pierogi fan, but I found a new frozen variety - filled with potato, spinach and feta cheese - and sauteed them last night. I added some shrimp sauteed in garlic, as the package recommended.
It sounds weird but it was tasty. We all liked it. Had spring greens with oil and vinegar on the side. A fairly healthy meal, I suppose.

This morning I met an adorable 13-year old girl who won an essay contest and is traveling out of state with her parents to be honored next week.

I'm about to write a story about her. It's so nice to meet good kids.

Last week I wrote about four high school students who took first place in a regional Junior Achievement contest, beating out 15 other schools that are in much more affluent towns than ours. woo hoo!

I also wrote about a group of fourth through sixth graders in a character counts club who worked on a mural about the pillars of character that now graces the school corridor.

It's great to be able to write about the good kids who are doing good things!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Facebook is easier and interactive. Although I plan to continue to keep my blog.

I wrote something similar about kids and families and good family values the other day. It's a spark of hope for the future!

Linda said...

It's that darned Farmville that's sucking up all of your time! I'm so glad I never got into that one as I waste enough time on Bejeweled and Zuma Blitz! And Barb is right, Facebook is easier and a lot more interactive than blogging as with blogging you just never know if anyone read the post that you spent a lot of time writing. I rather miss the "heyday of blogging" when I'd get upwards of 15-20 comments on a post but at least these days I don't feel pressured to have a new post everyday like I used to.

Sounds like you've had some very inspiring topics to write about and inspiring kids are always so ... well, inspiring!