Friday, October 23, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas?

Yesterday I wrote my third story in as many years about a well-shaped evergreen tree from Shelton, Ct. being cut down for use as a Christmas tree. (You can read it under the link above)

Coincidence? I suppose. Unless there is something in the soil in this southern Connecticut town that makes evergreens flourish and grow to more than 60 feet high. I wonder if someone would want to investigate that possibility?

It's interesting to watch the work crews ready the trees for transport. It's quite a process.

Have a great fall weekend. We have rain in the forecast here. Not fun.

2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it is beautiful here but we are inside anyway. not a good day for sarge...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Linda said...

I saw on the news the other day about the tree but then they said that the lighting wouldn't be until something like December 3rd and I thought "then why cut the poor tree down so early?"

I don't know why but I feel badly about these trees that manage to grow so magnificently like that only to be cut down. Something about it just doesn't seem right and I'm not even a tree-hugger type person!