Tuesday, June 23, 2009

* Ruby Tuesday *

We went to a street festival Saturday - Derby Day - in the continuing crappy weather. I just refer to it as MURK now. So much rain and gray. Today a bit of sun is peeking through the clouds. Yay!

This is Prinkles. Her bright red hair attracted me for a Ruby Tuesday shot. I didn't talk to her because I wasn't really in the mood for a balloon animal, which is what she was busy doing.As we were walking around I heard merry-go-round music. I wondered where they had set up a carousel for just a few hours. Turns out the music was coming from this antique organ. I'm guessing it's a restored original, but I'm not sure. I love the detail on it. I'm cheating because there is not much red here, except for the Stars and Stripes. Well, there is some pink on the organ. That's a form of red! Check out the artistic detail on the organ by clicking.

That's all from here..hope your RT is a good one.

To see more Ruby Tuesday posts, visit our hostess, Mary T, at Work of the Poet.

8 comments:

srp said...

The bright red hair of the clown just had to cheer up the place a bit. We have had sun, but at least every other day showers and thunderstorms with massive lightning. It is the humidity that is really oppressive.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Red spaghetti hair
graces the pate of the clown
causing me to laugh.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

even a touch of red qualifies...

Linda said...

I totally dislike clowns but couldn't very well not come over and post a comment, could I? Therefore I scrolled very quickly past Prinkles and looked instead at the lovely antique organ which didn't creep me out at all!

Oh, and MURK is the perfect word for this weather we've been having. Ugh!

EG CameraGirl said...

Her hair sure is RED! ;-)

Leora said...

Love your clown. She cheers me up from all the rain and clouds we have been having.

Suburban Girl said...

Very colorful...not just red!

Carletta said...

I had an interview at 4-H camp one summer trying to get my Charting Pin -(highest award) I wasn't old enough to receive it but in the interview I was asked what I would be if I could - I said a clown. (I laughed a lot and enjoyed who I was.) The leader laughed at me but agreed it was a good choice. I was about 16 - never once have I played a clown.
This brought back long ago memories - thanks Patti.