Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday thoughts

It's Monday morning, and I should be refreshed and ready to come up with something semi- interesting to talk about here. I hate missing so many days of blogging, but I don't have too many ideas lately.
Our daughter Allegra is having a great time in Grand Rapids, Mich. I guess I can tell you about that. She is a young adult delegate to the UCC's General Synod, a convention of sorts that happens every two years. She attended the 2007 one in Hartford.

Allegra loves learning about U.S. history and happily on Saturday she was able to visit the Gerald Ford Presidential Museum (not sure if that is the correct name). She said it was really interesting.
We're glad she has the interest in history that Ralph and I had worked hard to impart to her and her brother.
And it worked! He enjoys learning history too.

She's returning Wednesday afternoon - two flights. I'll try my best not to be nervous while she is in the air.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i always loved history too...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

Allegra is a girl after my own heart when it comes to history. Glad to hear she's having such a good time!

And as for being refreshed on Mondays - that is a myth perpetrated by calendar makers the world over!