Sunday, March 18, 2007

"He's not my dog"

The title comes from a line delivered by the ever-funny Inspector Clouseau in a "Pink Panther" movie, and it always cracks me and my husband up.

Although I can't exactly remember the scene, it refers to someone who had just gotten bit by a dog.
He says to Clouseau, "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite."
To which Clouseau, in his hysterical French accent replies: "He's not my dog." :-D

The canine depicted here is Max, and that's me holding him minutes after I met him on Christmas Eve. He immediately liked me and liked being held, it seemed. Isn't he a cute little one? He has noticeably long legs for a small dog.
I hope the photo is cropped well enough so that I retain my anonymity.

Max belongs to my sister-in-law Michele, who is - for you regular readers - little Adam Michael's grandmother. She had adopted him from a shelter a few weeks before Christmas, and ended up becoming a volunteer there soon after.

Max is an Affenpinscher, Michele tells me. According to Wikipedia, the Affenpinscher is originally from Germany and often nicknamed "Monkey Dog." Affen means monkey in German.
I don't have a dog, just a cuddly ball of fluffy fur we call "felinus obnoxious." His photos adorn my blog.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

That's quite a long name for such a small dog. Wonder if the name "monkey dog" is due to the long limbs. I used to have 4 cats and 1 dog...now I just have 1 dog (a yellow lab)...nothing small about her!

Joan said...

What an cute little guy although I just don't see the monkey in him so I guess I can't describe him as "cute as a monkey." Of course, I'm not sure I ever saw a monkey I'd describe as "cute."
Although my hubby grew up with lots of dogs and I once owned a cat, we are currently pet-free. Maybe that will change once we end our "globe-trotting" ways. ;-)

Lynn said...

Gas update...as of today $3.24/gal unleaded!

Patti said...

thanks for the update...

off for husband's colonoscopy this a.m.

Patti said...

Joan- I think an Affenpinscher would be great for your retirement...small like a cat, but he's a dog!