Thursday, March 15, 2007

Flying colors

I just got back from the doctor, and apparently I passed my physical and am good to go.

Now for the usual round of blood tests to check for the usual stuff. Just hate that fasting part!

As far as the clicking in my left knee goes, Dr. C. said it was up to me when I want to get the arthroscopic thing done, which I had done on my right knee four years ago.

My right knee started feeling much better the next day! My advice is don't tear a meniscus, if at all possible.

Today's takeaway: Arthroscopic surgery does work. Don't be afraid of it.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Glad to read that you got a good report from the doctor. I've been delaying my "annual" trip to the doc because I too do not like the fasting part. I guess I should bite the bullet and call for an appointment.

It's funny you should mention your knee. My right one had been bothering me for a week or so and I was trying to decide whether to have someone take a look at it. So what happens? The pain is now in my left knee...go figure.

Lynn said...

Glad to hear that you passed your physical. I am way too familiar with what they do for a cruciate ligament tear (my dog has done that on both knees)... What do they do for a torn meniscus?

Patti said...

Lynn - they vacuum out pieces of cartilage, it seems