Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Breast cancer, blogging, being healthy: the 3 Bs

I seem to be busy with work and life in general and my blog has been ignored.
That doesn't make me feel good. But I have returned.

What does make me feel good is I'm blogging away as part of my job.

Yesterday I wrote a story for the newspaper about Saturday's second annual Women's Day of Health at Griffin Hospital (in Derby, Ct.) and also wrote a blog post about it. I even mentioned my own breast cancer surgery. I'm not one to reveal too much about myself, but it was in me to write.

I knew quite a few of the ladies there, and enjoyed chatting with them. There were slightly more than 100 registered.
Darling daughter, one of the youngest participants by far, accompanied me and we had a great time, as we did last year. And we ate! Yogurt and fruit for breakfast and a delicious chicken wrap, apple, and goodies (cookies and pretzels - Ralph got the pretzels) for lunch were included.
All in all a wonderful event. We're looking forward to next year.

Please click on the link above and tell me what you think.



~ And so my breast cancer journey journal continues...thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

good for you honey!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Barb said...

I promised myself to get back into a healthy mindset... right after my cruise. I really need to get back into some exercise regimen. Baby steps. I'm not 40 anymore!

I'm so glad you went. And I love that your daughter went with you! I suppose Ralph helped out by eating the evil pretzels? hahahaha!

big hugs xoxo

Sandi Shelton said...

So glad to see you're back to doing your blog too! We'll have to support each other in this blogging business. Keep the darn things at least dusted off. Sounds like a lovely day at Griffin. That's a wonderful health center, isn't it? I've done some stories there in the past and always was impressed with the care they give their patients. Oh, and happy birthday to your hubby!