Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Late Bloomer's Night Out

In the old days it may have been called a hen party.

But the get-together I attended last night with a friend who is a high school English teacher, pianist, and wonderful storyteller was a networking event. And it was women only.

I was hesitant about going (I'm a writer, not a talker) but am glad I pulled myself up out of my rut and tagged along. There were more than 50 females there, and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

It was snowing lightly, but that didn't put a damper on the evening. It actually lent a peaceful quality to everything, and where we were the driving conditions were no problem.

The event was held at a newly-opened salon. Manicures, massages and facials were on the house, as were the refreshments. This group meets once a month at various locations. If I were a small business owner, i would join.

Today's takeaway : If someone invites you to do something out of the ordinary, go ahead and do it. Even if you are : a) tired b)coming out of a bad day at work c) feeling you have "nothing to wear" or d) did I mention tired?

1 comment:

julie braun said...

I'm so glad you attended the Unwind, Whine and Wine event. You were our fresh meat for the evening.

I have a love/hate for the term "fresh meat".

It makes me laugh when used with a bunch of women.
Julie