Saturday, December 12, 2009

Still more Christmas scenes and greens

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

These photos are of the Osborne Homestead Museum in Derby, Ct. , which is decorated for the holiday season each year by local garden clubs.
I must be obsessed; I keep posting photos from my recent tour of the home. Each room is beautifully decorated.
The portrait hanging above the fireplace is that of Frances Eliza Osborne Kellogg, who lived in the home for her entire life. She died at the age of 80 in 1956.
I always enjoy visiting her home at Christmastime and her gardens in the warmer weather.
The museum and adjacent Kellogg Environmental Center are run by the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection.

Read about this fascinating businesswoman and conservationist here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They are fun photos, so keep posting!

Linda said...

I agree with Stine, I'm totally enjoying the pictures so feel free to post as many more as you'd like!

I love an old-fashioned Christmas!