Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Things I don't want

1) Chemo brain. Several people have mentioned it to me. I don't want to develop it!

2) Nausea. I knew about that side effect decades ago..no need to warn me about it. I'm keeping fingers crossed...and taking medication.

3) Hair loss. I have a lot of hair, thick tresses for sure, so maybe it will take a while to thin out. I was advised to get it cut really short, so that if it does start falling out I can get it shaved off easily. Woopee!
~~
And so my online journal about my breast cancer journey continues..

5 comments:

Linda said...

I've got my fingers crossed that your hair doesn't all fall out as you've got quite the magnificent mane there! It if does, though, you'll just have to grow a new crop after the chemo is over. Wouldn't that be a hoot if it came back in straight and in another color??

Barb said...

My family friend Lori battled colon cancer and her chemo did not cause her to lose her hair, although it did thin just a bit. She is the one I told you about that has been cancer free for 5 years now.

Now I have to google chemo brain. It doesn't sound fun, I must say.

big hugs xo

Barb said...

I'm back. Chemo brain sounds a bit too much like menopause brain. Just saying.

Patti said...

So I certainly should be used to it by now, right Barb? ;-)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sarge has had a bit of chemo brain but not too bad and he sure has had a lot of chemo.

best wishes honey,
bee
xoxoxoxoox