Monday, May 2, 2011

First treatment went really well

My journal about having breast cancer continues...
I got home an hour ago from my first chemo treatment. I was so happy that it went well. I was really hungry so I had to eat lunch before sitting down to write a quick post, and before I take a nap. haha
Eating and sleeping. What a life! For today anyway. Tomorrow back to work.

I don't feel nauseated. I have been given lots of anti-nausea stuff today, both orally and intravenously. I hope that it does the trick.

Tomorrow afternoon I go back for a shot to boost my white blood cells.

More later. Time to rest.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

patti is the shop neutrogen or neulasta? neulasta gets one shot, neutrogen is one a day for a week. they may make you have flu like symptoms, be sure to ask if you need medications for symptoms and prepare to rest for a few days probably on day two after the shot. don't be alarmed, it doesn't last long. also don't eat raw vegetables like salad or unpeeled fruits or lemon wedges in tea, etc. while your white cells are so low. ask about this too, ok?

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoox

Patti said...

Thanks for your help, Bee. ;-)

I am only getting one shot..must be neulasta. I'll find out.

I appreciate your advice!

Dianne said...

glad it went well
was thinking of you
Hugs

Barb said...

I'm glad to hear you are tolerating the chemo well, Patti.

Cancer research and treatment has come a long way... but not far enough yet... until they can prevent cancer!

big hugs :)

Linda said...

I'm very happy to hear that your first chemo session went well; I'd be rather interested in reading about what your thoughts were and such during the process. When I used to have to go for IV iron infusions I had them done in the same place where others were getting chemo done and always used to wonder about the people around me. I always felt so fortunate that I was only there to get iron and not for chemo. I'll have to see if I can dig up any of the posts that I wrote back then as I don't believe you were a reader back then.

Hope you're feeling well today and that the nausea is still not an issue!