Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This takes the cake

I made a cake recipe that Empress Bee sent me to give to our niece Amy, who is collecting favorite recipes from family and friends.
It's easy to make and oh so good, if you like sweets, that is. The frosting is whipped topping covered with sweetened coconut flakes.
Here is the recipe:

bake a cake mix in a disposable 9x13 baking pan

cool cake

stick a fork in it all around to poke holes

put one cup of milk in a measuring cup with 1/2 cup of sugar and heat to dissolve sugar

pour over cake and refrigerate

when cold, frost with cool whip and top with sweet coconut (like mounds in a plastic bag)

yummy! bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Thanks, Bee ~ I know it will be a hit.


3 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

can it be chocolate cake?????

Patti said...

Vinny: But it would be a different cake! I love chocolate too, but you should try this if you like cake..If I can make it it must be easy.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it is one of my favorites!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoo