Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Give what you can to Saturday's food drive

Yesterday I stumbled upon two bright red sheds, perfect for Ruby Tuesday. So I photographed them and posted them here. This is a follow-up to yesterday's post.

The sheds were on property owned by the kind man pictured below.
I visited him to write a story about his 1963 "Zip Van" Studebaker mail truck, and found the sheds.He is hoping that parking the vintage vehicle in a supermarket parking lot Saturday will boost donations to the annual National Association of Letter Carriers' Stamp Out Hunger food drive.
The Web site says it's the largest single-day food drive in the nation.

I know our local food pantry shelves always need re-stocking. I'm sure the ones in your area do too!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

We always give to that drive. Our local pantry is hurting these days as well

You made me laugh with the Studebaker! That wasn't the one I had in mind but it is a beauty as well

Mimi Lenox said...

All food banks and Goodwill Donation sites are hurting everywhere. So sad.

Mimi Lenox said...

I just read down the page. Squirrels??! Birthdays??! (Happy, Ralph!) Squirrels???! Oh dear.

I am having the same trouble with a demon squirrel who chewed up the cushions on my deck and made a nest from the stuffing! It's a post in the making. I feel your pain.

And they're in your attic?!
Poor Princess.