Monday, August 13, 2012

A day for memories, popcorn, and pizza


Monday, August 13, 2012

Movie tugs at Valley heartstrings

 'Hope Springs' features truck owned by late Ansonia resident

Jean Roslonowski, right, greets friends before they walk the red carpet. Photo by Patricia Villers

On Sunday morning I attended a Hollywood premiere-style event for the newly released comedy/drama, "Hope Springs."
 It stars Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones, and Steve Carell.

Ansonia resident Jean Roslonowski hosted the event at Entertainment Cinemas in Seymour.

She held the premiere in memory of her fiance, John Guardiani, who died in February.
Guardiani, 66, drove his tractor trailer in scenes during filming in Mystic. Although he did not appear in the film, his truck (shown below) was visible in two scenes.
A now-famous big rig outside Entertainment Cinemas in Seymour. Photo by Patricia Villers


Derby resident Markanthony Izzo, a local actor who has worked in TV, film and live theater,  appeared briefly in "Hope Springs." Scenes from the movie were shot in several Connecticut locations.

Izzo says in an e-mail, "I worked a day (17 hours) as an extra (background) and one of the scenes I worked in got used.  Meryl Streep's character walks in towards a bar and I walk out..."

I had forgotten he told me he was in the film so I certainly was startled when I saw him walking out of the bar! It was fun to see a familiar face on the big screen.

Congratulations go out to Markanthony Izzo for landing the role in this fun film.

And big thanks to Jean Roslonowski for inviting me to be a part of the Hollywood premiere, as well as the pizza party afterward held at the Italian Pavilion in Derby. It was a memorable experience! I truly enjoyed myself.

I'm only sorry I never met John Guardiani. He clearly was loved by many.



Note: I posted this today on the New Haven Register's View from the Valley blog.    

1 comment:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh how exciting!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo