Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ignorance is bliss

Remind me to not read any more online forums that focus on breast cancer or on the tiny pill I have started to take.

I read some comments from women who have been taking the prescription med and have had a variety of side effects. Notice I'm not mentioning the name of the pill. 

But I've told myself it is only those who have had ill effects from a medication who would take the time to write about their experiences on a forum...right?

For the majority of breast cancer survivors it works just fine, right? At least that is what I choose to believe. I'm happy to report that as of this week I'm a one-year survivor.

I was eligible to get the medication for free from the manufacturer. Thank goodness! I don't know what I would have done, since I don't have any prescription drug coverage with my health insurance. To say it is pricey is an understatement.      

I did have some joint pain earlier, but it went away. Bone pain is one of the side effects I read about, and the doctor did tell me it could happen. But he also said since I went through chemo (with no horrible side effects) I should have no problem with this. 

It has been seven days and so far, so good.


{This is another in a series of my online breast cancer journal entries. Thanks for reading}

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, I know just what you mean, Patti. Most times google and other sources of information is our friend, and sometimes, not so much!

Big Congratulations on your 1 year milestone. And here's to many more!

Big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

my internet is back on! i started taking arimidex after my breast cancer and it went to my joints and they switched me to aromasin and it did to but thanks to YOU i take osteo bi-flex and i am FINE! thank you very much smart one!

smiles, bee
xoxooxoxox

Linda said...

Yay for getting your medication for free! I remember you telling me how much that drug cost so I know there's no way that you could have afforded to pay for it - even if you had semi-decent prescription coverage!

Congrats on your one-year milestone and here's to many, many, many more!