Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cake for moi!


Some things have not been going so great lately (breast cancer diagnosis and money woes come to mind), but in the spirit of taking the bitter with the better - or in this case the bitter with the sweeter - a few things have been going well.

And they're things that money cannot buy.

In the past few years I've been fortunate to have met some wonderful people and to have made several friends.

One of them is Troy, a guy who always makes me smile. Actually he cracks me up.

I just met him in April when Ralph, Allegra, and I attended a viewing party to watch the
SyFy channel's "Ghost Hunters" episode that focused on an investigation at the Sterling Opera House in Derby, Ct.
I just happened to be interviewed for that episode, and my interview was on TV. ;-)
You can read about my 15 minutes of fame here.

Once you meet Troy you feel like you've known him for years. He's a friendly chap, that's for sure.

Yesterday he surprised me with a delicious chocolate
Bundt cake he baked (see above).

He already told me
Bundt cakes were his specialty and he'd bake me one for my birthday, but instead I got the cake yesterday ~ five months early. It was such a cool surprise!

Thanks so much, Troy, you made my weekend!

2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well tits honey!

(smile), bee
xoxoxoxoox

Barb said...

Dang. That looks yummy!

xoxo